Fire safety rules legal notice No. 59 prescribes special document that must be maintained by organizations in Kenya which includes;
- Certificate of workplace registration
- Workplace Fire Safety Policy
- Workplace Fire Drill Report
- Workplace Notice of Fire Occurrence Report
- Workplace Fire Safety Audit Report
Fire Safety audit is an effective tool for assessing fire safety status in industries, laboratories, office, hotel, malls, hospitals, schools etc. The audit helps to identify the areas for improvement in fire safety measures in fire prevention, protection and mitigation system in case of fire. The audit provides an action plan which is a useful for fire prevention, mitigation and emergency preparedness.
The objective of safety audit is to:
- Verify compliance with established standards (regulations, internal policies and industry wise standards of practice)
- Identify deviation from designed and planned operating and maintenance procedure and standards.
- Identify conditions or operating procedures that could lead to an accident and significant losses to life or property.